1. The electrical contact theory of electronic connectors
The theory of electrical contact has a wide range. The process of contact (physics-chemistry) includes various effects such as heat, electricity, magnetism, and semiconductor during contact, the physical nature of contact resistance and its calculation, and the temperature field of the contact point, The temperature difference thermoelectric potential of the contact, and its influence on metal migration, the theory, and calculation of the metal bridge of the contact, the physical process of heat and mass transfer between the contacts and its mathematical model, etc.
2. Arc theory of electronic connectors
Electrical connectors that are plugged in and out of power involve arc problems. The arc theory includes the theory of how to start and extinguish the arc when the contacts are separated, the process of gas discharge and excitation, the boundary and process of spark discharge, glow discharge and arc discharge, ion balance and ionization deionization process, pole side and arc Column theory, residual current thermal accumulation, electrical breakdown and thermal breakdown process, static and dynamic characteristics of arc, arc energy, and overvoltage, etc.
3. The heating theory of electronic connector appliances
In addition to dielectric loss, which is a heat source, the heating of electronic connectors and electrical appliances is mainly the current effect of current-carrying conductors. Under high current and strong alternating magnetic field, not only huge electromotive force is generated between the carrier fluid, but also skin effect and proximity effect are generated. The uneven distribution of the current lines of the carrier fluid will directly affect heat generation and temperature rise.
Imagine what it would be like without a connector? At this time, the circuits should be permanently connected with continuous conductors. For example, to connect an electronic device to a power source, both ends of the wire must be firmly connected to the electronic device and the power source through a certain method (such as welding). As a result, it is very inconvenient for both production and use. You can know from the car battery.
When the battery is damaged and needs to be replaced, the car has to be sent to a repair station, the old one is stripped and welded, and then a new one is welded. This requires a lot of labor costs. With the electronic connector, you can avoid a lot of trouble. Buy a new battery from the store, disconnect the connector, remove the old battery, install a new battery, and reconnect the connector. This simple example illustrates the benefits of connectors. It makes the design and production process more convenient and flexible and reduces production and maintenance costs.
1. Improve the production process: The connector simplifies the assembly process of electronic products and also simplifies the mass production process;
2. Easy to repair: If an electronic component fails, the failed component can be quickly replaced when an electronic connector is installed;
3. Easy to upgrade: With the advancement of technology, components can be updated when connectors are installed, and new and more complete components can be used to replace the old ones;
4. Improve design flexibility: When designing and integrating new products, and composing a system with components, engineers have more choices and make the design more flexible with electronic connectors.
Sunkye Connection Technologies provides a wide product portfolio with a complete interconnect solutions offering. Sunkye connectors and cables assemblies are complementary with Sunkye backshells and conduits.
GET IN TOUCH
MIL-DTL-32139 Nano D Connectors