Aerospace connectors are electromechanical components that connect electrical circuits. There are different classifications of aerospace connectors, and there are diversified types of aerospace connectors. Under different circumstances, you can choose from straight and curved shapes, outer diameter and fixing requirements with the outer shell, volume, weight, and whether to connect metal hoses.
The working environment of the aerospace connector is mainly based on the temperature, humidity, rapid temperature changes, and atmospheric pressure that will destroy the insulating material, causing the insulation resistance and pressure resistance to decrease. The correct selection and use of aerospace connectors is an important aspect to ensure the reliability of electrical circuits.
Aerospace connectors are generally composed of plugs and sockets, among which plugs are also called free-end aerospace plugs, and sockets are also called fixed aerospace plugs. The connection and disconnection of the circuit is realized through the plug, the socket, and the insertion and separation, so various connection modes of the plug and the socket are produced.
For circular aerospace plugs, there are three main ways: threaded connection, bayonet connection and marble connection.
1. Threaded connection is the most common. It has the advantages of simple processing technology, low manufacturing cost, and wide application range, but the connection speed is slow, and it is not suitable for occasions that require frequent plug-in and fast connection;
2. The bayonet type connection has a longer lead of the three bayonet slots, so the connection speed is faster, but it is more complicated to manufacture and the cost is higher;
3. The marble type connection is the fastest connection among the three connection methods. It does not need to be rotated, but only needs to be linearly moved to achieve the functions of connection, separation and locking. Because it belongs to a direct push-pull connection, it is only suitable for aviation plugs with a small total separation force. Generally, it is more common in small aerospace plugs.
In the military industry, the aerospace connector is a very commonly used electromechanical component, which can play a role in connecting the circuit. In order to ensure the smoothness of the circuit, we must take these points seriously when purchasing, namely: electrical parameters, rated voltage , Installation method and shape.
1. One thing that needs to be considered is the electrical parameters of the product itself, the aerospace connector is connected to the electrical circuit, so its own parameters must be matched.
2. The rated voltage and current also need to be considered in place. Different application occasions require different voltages. Therefore, it is necessary to figure out what kind of equipment needs to be installed before purchasing. The connector will heat up during use, so the temperature rise should be within the specified limit, if it is a multi-core electrical connector, then the rated current should be reduced.
3. Pay attention to the installation method and shape of the aerospace connector. Since the terminals of the aerospace connector have many shapes, such as curved shapes, straight shapes, etc., you should pay attention to the outer diameter of the wire or cable, and some of the outer shell when purchasing. If it is a connector used on the panel, you also need to consider the color, etc., in order to achieve the aesthetic requirements.
Sunkye Connection Technologies provides a wide product portfolio with a complete interconnect solutions offering. Sunkye connectors and cables assemblies are complementary with Sunkye backshells and conduits.
GET IN TOUCH
MIL-DTL-32139 Nano D Connectors